Allergies can cause a lot of sneezing, coughing, sinus pressure, and general misery. There are many things that you can do to mitigate allergies, like taking medications and avoiding going outside during high pollen counts. Regular air duct cleaning can also help to ensure that your HVAC system is not spreading these allergens around.
What Are Allergies?Allergies are where your body has an adverse reaction to substances like pollen, chemicals, and foods. Common allergens found in your home include:
- Dust mites are tiny organisms that live in your home. They consume the dead skin cells that we shed, and they can trigger asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Mold is due to dampness and can be in crawl spaces, around vents, and basements.
- Pollen comes from plants, and if you go outside and come back in, your home may be full of pollen. If you leave your windows and doors open, this can make the pollen enter your home and trigger your allergies. Regular air duct cleaning can remove the pollen from your home.
- Dander, which is skin cells from pets, can cause allergies in some people.
- Cockroaches shed skin, saliva, and waste can trigger an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to them.
Avoiding Allergies By Getting Your Air Ducts CleanedWhen your air conditioning or heat is on, this can spread allergens throughout your home. If you have a good quality filter, this will help the number of allergens that spread throughout your home. However, it is not the only step you should take. Over time, allergens may build up in the air ducts in your home. It is impossible to clean them out by yourself, so you will want to hire a professional to come out and clean your air ducts for you. This will help ensure that the air in your home is clean and that the risk of allergies inside your home is minimal. Keeping Your Home Clean In addition to getting your air ducts cleaned, you will want to make sure that you keep your house as clean as possible. This includes changing your HVAC filters and wiping down your unit. It is also a good idea to wipe down your home's registers to ensure that no dust collects on them. When you vacuum your home, make sure you are using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
Call Us TodayIf you want to decrease the allergens in your home, please give us at DuctWorks Heating and Air Conditioning a call. We will be happy to take care of your air ducts so that you have reduced allergies and better air quality.